Rothschild & Alwill, APC, employment law attorneys have earned a reputation among employers and workers for our drive and desire to make California a better place to work.
When labor laws are not respected, both employees and employers can pay a serious price. For employees, this can be anything from emotional harm to not being able to afford rent or groceries. Employers are at risk of fines, lawsuits and even criminal charges for noncompliance.
Our lawyers also counsel employers in need of employee handbooks, discrimination or sexual harassment training and other services to ensure compliance with labor regulations.
If you are a worker who has faced violations of your civil rights or federal wage and hour laws, you can count on our experience to help you protect your rights.
We Represent Employees On A Contingency-Fee Basis
Common types of cases we handle for workers include:
- Class-action and multiparty litigation proceedings
- Discrimination and harassment suits
- Disability and pregnancy discrimination, violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- LGBT and gender-neutral employee rights
- Independent contractor rights
- Sexual harassment, battery
- Violations of federal wage and hour law under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Wrongful termination disputes
Sound Legal Counsel For Employers
If you are an employer needing sound legal counsel to resolve an existing problem with a worker, or are interested in protecting yourself from potential future litigation, turn to our knowledge and experience for help.
Typical legal issues we help employers with include:
- Employee policies and handbooks
- Hiring and termination protocol
- Leaves of absence and vacation policies
- Agreements not to compete, nonsolicitation agreements
- Overtime, minimum wage compliance, exempt and nonexempt classification
- Wage and earnings deductions
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) representation
Contact Our Offices
From our offices in Santa Barbara and Bakersfield, we represent clients in San Luis Obispo County, Santa Barbara County, Ventura County, Bakersfield and the surrounding areas. Contact us today to talk to one of our lawyers right away.