Giving Victims a Voice
Since 2001, the attorneys from Rothschild & Alwill, APC have dedicated themselves to employees mistreated at work. Victims often suffer stress, anxiety, and feel trapped in their situation but afraid to speak out. We believe in fairness in every aspect of the workplace relationship, so whether you’ve been cheated, lost opportunities due to discrimination, suffered harassment, been assaulted, or endured other harm on the job, we can help. You deserve sound judgment, hard work, skilled representation, and to be treated with dignity during every step of the process.
If you’ve been the victim of misconduct in the workplace, we can help. Our attorneys can take legal action to hold your employer accountable and give you a well-earned sense of closure and relief.
Your Success Is Our Success
Our innovative approach to representing clients throughout Southern California has earned landmark victories on behalf of our clients and seen millions in compensation awarded for their mistreatment. Some of our notable case results include:
- A $7 Million Class Action settlement for approximately 29,000 retail employees with missed meal break, missed rest break, and unpaid overtime claims.
- A $6 Million Class Action settlement on behalf of nearly 35,000 security guards claiming unpaid overtime as well as missed meal and rest breaks.
- A $3.2 Million Class settlement for 72 offshore employees claiming wage and hour violations.
- A $1.425 Million Class Action settlement for close to 79,000 restaurant workers with wage and hour claims.
- Recovering $500,000 and retirement benefits for individual wrongful termination claims in 2020.
- A $450,000 Class Action Settlement for retail employees claiming wage and hour violations.
- A $400,000 settlement for an individual sexually harassed/assaulted at work.
- A $350,000 settlement for a single plaintiff’s sexual harassment workplace claim.
- A $347,500 settlement for three employee drivers misclassified as independent contractors.
- A $300,000 class action settlement for restaurant employees with wage and hour claims.
- A $286,894.40 Labor Commissioner award for unpaid wages to an individual plaintiff.
- A $230,000 settlement for an individual plaintiff’s wrongful termination claims.
- Recovering $220,000 on behalf of two plaintiffs misclassified as exempt employees.
- A $175,000 settlement for an individual’s workplace sexual harassment claim.
- Recovering $160,000 for two plaintiffs claiming misclassification/wrongful termination.
- A $150,000 settlement for an individual plaintiff claiming workplace sexual harassment.
- A $125,000 settlement for a plaintiff wrongly paid a day rate by an offshore platform company.
- A $125,000 settlement for an individual’s wrongful termination claims following accusations of a healthcare company’s child abuse cover-up.
- A $120,000 settlement for an individual with breach of employment contract claims.
- A $120,000 settlement for two plaintiffs claiming age discrimination and wrongful termination.
In addition to securing favorable results, we have had considerable success in the high courts of California while representing our client’s interests. Our significant courtroom victories include:
- Successfully petitioning the California Supreme Court to hear a Petition for Review, with a favorable Opinion on Remand from the California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District finding California law applies to claims for work performed in California. 58 Cal.App.5th 264 (2020).
- Successfully defending a client’s right to void an unconscionable arbitration agreement to the California Court of Appeal.
- Successfully petitioning the California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, for a Temporary Stay Order and an Order inviting the Trial Court to reverse its ruling.
- It did so, allowing us to proceed with an opt-out notice to class members of a pending class case. The trial court previously required an opt-in notice.
You Are Our Priority
Many clients don’t know what to expect the first time they need an attorney’s help. Our lawyers take time at the beginning of your case to learn about your unique situation, set realistic expectations, talk about your goals, and develop a solution with steps to achieve it. We understand the stress that comes with being left in the dark, so we emphasize responsive communication to keep you informed of developments during your case.
Take the first step today and schedule a free, confidential consultation at our Southern California offices in either Santa Barbara (805-695-2827) or Bakersfield (661-369-8510) by calling or completing our online form.