Attorney Julian F. Alwill is a partner at the Santa Barbara/Bakersfield law firm of Rothschild & Alwill, APC. At the well-known and highly respected employment law firm, Mr. Alwill represents both employees and employers who live and work in Santa Barbara, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, Bakersfield and surrounding Southern California who need legal assistance due to any of the following:
- Wage-and-hour disputes
- Retaliation claims
- Civil rights
- Consumer rights
- Breach of contract
Mr. Alwill began his legal career in 2008 after earning his Juris Doctor from University of San Diego School of Law and his admission to The State Bar of California. In addition to his approval to practice law before all of California’s state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of California also approved him to practice in their courtrooms. Mr. Alwill previously worked as a judicial clerk for a federal magistrate before working for Rothschild & Alwill.
Although Mr. Alwill’s legal career has so far spanned less than a decade, he has already earned a reputation for providing high-quality legal services to his clients. He holds a “Excellent” Avvo rating, and he is client-rated as 5.0 out of 5.0 according to Martindale-Hubbell. In fact, his clients are very vocal about his legal talents, and they describe him as informed, pleasant, diligent and prompt.
When Mr. Alwill is not fighting for his clients’ interests, he is still never far from the legal community. He is a member of a number of organizations, including the Santa Barbara Bar Association, California Employment Lawyers Association, and the William L. Gordon Inn of Court.
Beginning 2015 through 2018, Mr. Alwill was named “Super Lawyer” for Southern California.
Mr. Alwill also speaks Spanish.
- California, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Santa Barbara Bar Association, Member
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- William L. Gordon Inn of Court, Member
- Excellent Rating, Avvo
- Client-Rated 5.0 out of 5.0, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer, Southern California, 2015 - 2018
- Wage-and-hour Disputes
- Retaliation Claims
- Civil Rights
- Consumer Rights
- Breach of Contract
- Human Resource Law Boot Camp, 2018
- Human Resource Law from A to Z, 2018
- Fundamentals of Employment Law, January 2017
- Political Speech in the Workplace: Essential Legal Considerations, 2017
- HR Seminar on Alternative Dispute Resolution, Wage and Benefits, and Discipline & Discharge, 2016
- Fundamentals of Employment Law, 2015
- Human Resource Law from Start to Finish, 2014