Jennifer Raphael began her legal career while working her way through law school as a certified law student. She gained practical experience interacting with clients, participating in the case selection process, and was able to begin delving into all aspects of litigation while still a student.
In 2003, Ms. Raphael earned her juris doctorate and began practicing law in the area of consumer litigation with an emphasis on both auto fraud and lemon law. In 2005, she made the switch to employment law and is well versed in all aspects of wrongful termination, discrimination, wage and hour disputes and breach of contract claims. She also has extensive experience in negotiating employment agreements, both pre- and post-relationship.
Ms. Raphael is a member in good standing of the State Bar of California, and is admitted to practice in the US District Court for the Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California. She holds an AVVO rating of "good" and martindale.com client review rating of "preeminent 5.0 out of 5."
When she's not practicing law, Ms. Raphael enjoys supporting non-profit organizations and has served on the board of directors for the Santa Barbara chapter of the Legal Aid Foundation. She currently holds a position on the board for Artists for Autism Awareness and regularly supports fundraising for autism.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- William L. Gordon Inn of Court
- Santa Barbara Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Member in Good Standing
- AVVO Rating of "Good"
- Client-Rated 5.0 out of 5.0, Martindale-Hubbell
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Aid Foundation, Santa Barbara Chapter, Board of Directors
- Autism Awareness, Board for Artists
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Disputes