As a partner at Rothschild & Alwill, Kristi Rothschild focuses her practice on employment law. She generally handles issues such as:
- Class action lawsuits
- Wage and hour disputes
- Transgender and other sex-based harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Employment manuals and pay policies for employers
In 2014, Rothschild & Alwill obtained settlements of more than $14 million in class actions and in individual cases. The firm also provides counsel and solutions for employers regarding employers' rights and regulatory compliance.
Ms. Rothschild earned a Juris Doctor from the Southern California Institute of Law in 2001, graduating cum laude. She is admitted to practice law in the state of California, as well as before the United States District Court for the Central District of California, the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
In 2015 and 2016, Ms. Rothschild was named "Super Lawyer" for Southern California (http://www.superlawyers.com/), and holds an "Excellent" rating with Avvo.
Throughout her career, Ms. Rothschild has committed herself to advocating for her clients and their rights. She understands the challenges that employment law matters can present to a company and strives to work through such complexities in order to achieve positive resolutions for her clients. Ms. Rothschild believes that every client deserves quality, dedicated representation, and she takes a personal, hands-on approach with each case she handles.
Community involvement is a priority for Ms. Rothschild. She is an active member in several legal organizations, including The State Bar of California, the Santa Barbara County Bar Association, The William L. Gordon American Inn of Court, the California Employment Lawyers Association and the National Employment Lawyers Association.
- California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- California State Bar, Member
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association, Member
- William L. Gordon Inns of Court, Member
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), Member
- Super Lawyer, Southern California, 2015 – 2016
- Excellent Rating, Avvo, 2015 – Present
- Cancer Hope Foundation, Board of Directors
- Employment Law - Employee
- Class-Action Lawsuits
- Wage and Hour Disputes
- Transgender Sexual Harassment Cases
- Employment Manuals
- Pay Policies
Southern California Institute of Law, Ventura, California
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: cum laude
- Employment Misclassification – Navigating the Exempt and Non-Exempt Maze, 2011
- Employee Misclassification, 2012
- Sexual, Racial and other Harassment in the Workplace – Hot Topics in Labor and Employment Law, 2013
- Information Disclosure Issues – Hiring and Termination Issues, 2014
- The Fair, Accurate, Inclusive, and Respectful (FAIR) Education Act, 2015