Everyone Deserves Protection At Work
Whether you identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, California has laws that protect you from workplace discrimination. Your employer cannot penalize you at work based on your:
- Sexual orientation
- Perceived sexual orientation
- Gender identity
Although illegal, the reality is workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity remains a pervasive problem. If LGBTQ+ discrimination is adversely affecting you at work, contact Rothschild & Alwill, APC for help getting justice.
Did LGBTQ+ Discrimination Occur At Work?
- Discriminatory or harassing office banter
- Withdrawing a job offer
- Exclusion from business outings or work events
- Being passed over for a position or promotion in favor of a less qualified employee
- Receiving less pay, fewer benefits, or a more undesirable position than other coworkers
- Improper denial of benefits to which you are legally entitled
- Disciplinary action or termination for using the “inappropriate” or “wrong” restroom
- Disciplinary actions, including demotion or termination, for making a gender transition