Everyone Deserves Protection At Work
Whether you identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, California has laws that protect you from workplace discrimination. Your employer cannot penalize you at work based on your:
- Sexual orientation
- Perceived sexual orientation
- Gender identity
Although illegal, the reality is this type of discrimination remains a pervasive problem. If LGBTQ+ discrimination is adversely affecting you at work, contact Rothschild & Alwill, APC for help getting justice.
Did LGBTQ+ Discrimination Occur At Work?
- Discriminatory or harassing office banter
- Withdrawing a job offer
- Exclusion from business outings or work events
- Being passed over for a position or promotion in favor of a less qualified employee
- Receiving less pay, fewer benefits, or a more undesirable position than other coworkers
- Improper denial of benefits to which you are legally entitled
- Disciplinary action or termination for using the “inappropriate” or “wrong” restroom
- Disciplinary actions, including demotion or termination, for making a gender transition
Contact Us To Learn More
Have you been the victim of discrimination at work due to your LGBTQ+ status? Let our experienced attorneys help you stand up to your employer against this illegal behavior and work to protect your rights. Schedule a free, confidential consultation with a lawyer today. Call our Santa Barbara office at 805-845-1190, our Bakersfield office at 661-369-8510, or arrange a consultation online. Se habla Español.