Sexual Harassment & Sexual Assault
Seeking Justice and Providing a Voice for Victims
No workplace should condone offensive conduct of a sexual nature, undesired comments, advances, or physical contact. However, workers throughout Southern California are often victims of these behaviors. No matter if you were a clear victim or simply suspect you were subjected to harassment or assault, the attorneys at Rothschild & Alwill, APC can help.
If sexual harassment turns to unwanted touching or worse, this may constitute sexual assault. If this is happening, contact the police right away and then contact a Santa Barbara sexual harassment attorney.
Sexual Harassment Is More Than You Think
Sexual harassment in the workplace normally deals with unwelcome, uninvited conduct related to your gender or sexual orientation which creates an uncomfortable workplace environment. Sexual harassment is a broad category; it often includes:
- Unwanted touching from a supervisor, coworker, or customer, which could also constitute sexual assault
- Your supervisor asking for sexual favors in return for a promotion, benefits at work, or not firing you
- A coworker, customer, or supervisor making unwanted sexual comments toward you or about someone else
- Inappropriate display of nude or pornographic images, or sharing or forwarding emails with similar images or jokes
Sexual Assault Can Start Small
- Forced penetration or oral sex
- Coerced sex using a weapon or threats of violence
- Involuntary sex while incapacitated by alcohol or drugs
CONTACT US TODAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Is Your Safety At Risk?
If you experienced sexual violence or sexual harassment at work, it is important to act quickly to preserve evidence. If you are not comfortable immediately reporting the assault to law enforcement, document the incident privately to create a record – see our tips on what to do.
Reclaim Your Power
Contact us today to schedule a free, confidential, no obligation initial consultation to talk about your issue with an sexual harassment lawyer. Reach us online or call our Bakersfield office at 661-369-8510 or our Santa Barbara office at 805-845-1190. Se habla Español.